Thursday, September 24, 2009

Stress test done

I have no idea what the results are of the stress test. They did it chemically instead of making me run on the treadmill, took pictures, injected me with more stuff while I walked very slowly on the treadmill, took blood pressure every few minutes, then took more pictures. I won't see the doctor to find out the results until Oct 5. I will be doing the tilt table test on Oct 2.

Did walk on the treadmill at home for 45 minutes yesterday and today. My heart rate gets up to around 160 doing that. I haven't been able to go over 3mph because of my knee. But I'll keep walking as much as I can. Last night my inner thighs were really sore, felt like I'd been doing the splits! I couldn't figure out what I'd done to cause that.

A friend of mine is having a Pampered Chef party and she booked it off mine so I'll be going to that tonight!

Later - battling a hideous headache. I've been feeling weird and just a little "off" for a while. Bleah.

4 comments:

Diana said...

I hope everything turns out ok with your test!

How fun to go to a pampered chef party! I've never been. It's probably safer for my bank account and marriage if I don't though!

Annalisa@Gracie'sGarden said...

Yeah, I hope all turns out well! Sorry your family is all sick, and about your knee. And the snow! What a time for you! I'm just catching up on your blog, I had to giggle at "Hello Fritos" :) I always had a feeling the low salt thing was weird. Why would I want to LOSE water weight? Isn't our body made up of water? I just want to lose fat, forget water. Glad to hear that from your doc!

Have a good week!

Taryl said...

Enjoy the party and I'm sorry to hear you're sore - however that probably means you were walking strenuously enough that muscle groups you do not ordinarily use were engaged. Keep up the great work and I hope the results of the stress test are good news for you :)

divad said...

I've been enjoying reading your blog, as I'm new on this journey. Although I'm Canadian,I've actually been to your town, not once but twice. There was a really great Ice Cream place there where we got Ice Cream Nachos! We attended MTI before three years in Bangladesh, and went back for some more after we returned. You really do live in paradise and that ice cream place must be tempting. (Is it called Dee's?)