Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Checkin' in - 181.0

Since I started my period yesterday, I'm totally cool with the small bump up with the weight. I've been craving all things salty and since I had major health issues last week with tanking blood pressure and high heart rate, I really upped my salt intake over the weekend. For five days in a row, my blood pressure was low 90's over low 60s and hr was 140s just walking around the house. We went out Friday and after dancing the cha-cha, my hr got up to 180! (My max is supposed to be 143 since I'm 52yo. So I've been journaling everything. Water intake, salt, supplements, food, blood pressure, heart rate, etc.

I started thinking back about stuff. A few months ago I had a physical with my primary care manager (pcm). She called with blood results and said everything looked good, but my vitamin B level looked high so told me to stop taking it (I told her I took several supplements as recommended by my naturopath.) I'd been taking 1 B complex capsule 3x daily so I cut it down to 1. Well, I realized that this might have corresponded with the timing of my increasing migraines. And after consulting with her over the migraines a few weeks ago, she'd started me on topamax, an anti-epileptic drug, to prevent migraines. That has made me dizzy, clumsy and I'm having MAJOR problems at night with perception when I'm driving. I hate the way it makes me feel. :-P (Friday afternoon I did call her and left a message about the bp, hr thing, asking if it might be related to the topamax. Got a message Saturday morning from her tech saying she recommended I drink 6 glasses of water a day. Gee, thanks. I drink about 5 20oz bottles of water a day.)

I also realized that over the past several weeks, I've been staying in bed longer, so delaying having anything to eat, therefore often only getting in 2 meals and only taking my supplements 2x a day instead of 3. A couple of them I'd adjusted, but I hadn't on my magnesium and vitamin C.

Soooooo, after thinking about all this and posting to my naturopath's facebook page and getting his advice (that 180 heart rate really kind of concerned me!) - he also mentioned increasing water, salt, magnesium and making sure I support adrenals and thyroid, all of which I'd noticed where I'd let up a little bit. So now I'm just making sure to keep up on all my supplements, making sure I get several small meals (my chiro also discovered a hiatal hernia - fun!) and carrying salted nuts with me. It's a constant battle! Keep fighting the good fight!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cultured pearls, because they are made by oysters or mollusks, usually are more expensive than imitation pearsBonus TipRecognize that the Broker almost always represents the SellerAll of these have endless variations which may be more specific or more generalAnyway it does appear that we nearly have the necessary technologies to serve mankind in fixing these issues before 2012, the question really is will we and is the Mayan Calendar even an issue?"Lance Winslow" - If you have innovative thoughts and unique perspectives, come think with Lance;At West Point, in a speech, President George W
This paper wishes to relate here a first hand experience to illustrate how this code of conduct can be recklessly ignored Boner may be cute among your fellow fraternity members, but it won't go over well at the veterinarian With the main body of believers raptured out before all these events start to occur, God is going to show all of us what will happen when He is not a part of our lives and our world However, the material used is light weight and the numbers are painted on instead of sewn on

[url=http://www.broncosnflprostore.com/]Broncos Peyton Manning Jersey[/url]
[url=http://officialsteelersteamprostore.com/]Ben Roethlisberger Jersey[/url]

How and where are you giving of yourself but not getting in return? Why are you doing that? What could or would you accept in return for your efforts and feel good about receiving it?Affirmation: I love myself no matter what I do or how much money I make6 You don't want to give a negative first impression; they take too long to change Buying a business has many advantages over starting one from scratch if you know how

[url=http://www.rg3jerseys.us/]Redskins RG3 Jersey[/url]