Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Checkin' in - 182.0

Totally shocked at this weight! After thoroughly enjoying a weekend at The Broadmoor in Colorado Springs with lots of amazing food, I thought sure I'd be up several pounds. So I'm quite thrilled to see that number on the scale today. :-D We did do lots of walking, too so I guess that helped counter the great food.

The view from our room.

Our room at The Broadmoor.

The most wonderful thing I have EVER tasted in my 52 years! It's a Goat Cheese parfait with pistachio, golden beets, bowtie arugula. The goat cheese was the consistency of whipped cream. I was almost swooning! :-D

5 comments:

Liz is getting back to her fighting weight said...

That sounds sooooo yummy!!! Great job on the weigh in!

Anonymous said...

It look so beautiful! I know I would have loved that dish as well. Mmm I love goat cheese and arugula :-)

A Daily Dose of Healthy said...

Nice room and view and that parfait looks divine!

Taryl said...

Gorgeous! And the food sound awesome. Congratulations on managing your weight in less than ideal circumstances. That's not easy!

Anonymous said...

Yum! Personally, I don't think you can go wrong if goat cheese is involved. I recently read Marcelle Pick's latest book, "Are You Tired and Wired?" and she addresses losing weight. She said it's not uncommon to eat more and have your weight stay the same or eat less and have the same result (very frustrating!). She emphasizes balance and gives lots of good suggestions. I highly recommend!