Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Scales!!!!!!!!!!

I've decided my scale is a little neurotic. It can change up to four or five pounds during one day! This morning, I was excited to see my weight. Stepped off and on again to make sure. Hooray! Confirmation. Went to get dressed and realized I hadn't hit the save button on the scale so went back to it. I was .6lb heavier! Got off and on again - same thing! Pooh! A little bit later I thought I'd try it again. Down four pounds! OK, I know that's not right. Get back on, up 3 pounds! What the ????? I have a neurotic scale that likes to play with my mind. It's probably a good thing that I'll be away from it for five days! :-D

But you know, something someone said on their weight loss blog today (I'm sorry, I can't remember who it was) made me realize something. I've already lost more than 10% of my total weight! That's quite good! Hanging in there. :-D

4 comments:

Military Mommy said...

That is very strange! Enjoy your vacation! :)

Mich said...

how bizarre!! I have read that your weight can fluctuate between 3-5lbs during the day...but not within minutes. When in doubt, go with the lowest number--that's my motto!!

Journo June aka MamaBear said...

Yeah, I like going with the lower number! ;-) This morning it was 203.8 - YAY! So I've lost 5 pounds, but I'll wait until next Tuesday to claim my button and pray I don't completely sabotage myself this weekend at mom's. :-D

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your weight loss! Maybe you should trade the scale in for a tape measure.