Sorry I haven't been posting. I've been a little distracted and weight has been creeping up. :-P But I did my mini-trampoline workout yesterday and the treadmill today.
From Denise Austin
The Secret to Living a Long, Happy Life
Did you know that happily married people live longer? Even if you're not married, you need to nurture your relationship with your significant other, and you'll stay strong — and satisfied!
Here are some simple ways you can keep the magic alive — so you two can stay alive for many more happy years!
* Communicate, communicate, communicate! The most essential element in a healthy relationship is open and honest communication between both partners. Holding in anger or wounded feelings will only hurt the relationship in the long run. Talk things out with your partner — and don't forget to thank your partner for the little things he or she does for you. Sharing good feelings and appreciation are part of communication too!
* Cook for love. The way to a man's heart — or a woman's — is through his or her stomach! Seduce your partner with chocolate, bananas, cinnamon, or any other aphrodisiac foods. And for the guys who think the kitchen is a woman's territory, I know many women would agree that there's nothing sexier than a man who can cook — or at least do the dishes!
* Take pride in the way you look. Eating well, staying active, and drinking plenty of water will help you maintain a healthy weight, smooth, clear skin, and strong, healthy hair. Don't forget about regular grooming and hygiene habits — people who floss live longer!
* Dress the part! Put on something special for your significant other. Ladies, wear that pretty dress just because you know he likes it, and men — you know how to look great when you try! C'mon, do it for your sweetie!
* Plan a date. With hectic work schedules, family responsibilities, and household errands, who has time for a spur-of-the-moment rendezvous? Set aside one night a week as your date night, and don't let anything get in the way! Also, make an agreement not to discuss kids, money, or work while you're on your date!
This coming week, try at least one of these suggestions to keep your relationship going strong — or come up with a few ideas of your own. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain!