Thursday, November 1, 2007

Weekly weigh in

I'm late posting because we were having too much fun at the Stanley Hotel in Estes Park! Tuesday morning before we left home, I weighed 197, which is up .2 from last week, but since I've had my period all week, I'm happy with that!

The kids had a weird event happen in their room, but we didn't see anything out of the ordinary. It seems to be a popular place on Halloween. There were quite a few people staying there and roaming the halls at night. Too much noise for the ghosts to come out! ;-)

We walked downtown Estes Park last night and all of the merchants were at the doors of their shops handing out candy and the cops blocked off the street. So everyone was just walking up and down the main street in their costumes and it was a lot of fun. Most people had their dogs in costumes, too. As many shops as there were, the kids didn't need to go anywhere else. We thought it was a pretty good way to do it. (Actually, we never have done the trick or treat thing, but my kids enjoy handing out candy to the kids in our neighborhood when we're home.)

5 comments:

Heather said...

sounds like a lot of fun! .2 is nothing! just water weight, it will be off like that.

Cherie said...

Sounds like fun!! .2 isn't so bad either!!! Have a great week!

Cedar Acre Lady said...

Thanks for visiting my site. I love Estes Park. Being from Kansas we have made it out there a few summers. My girls and I hiked Twin sister's Peak once instead of Long's Peak which was our first goal, but there was bad weather that day which I am glad because I was rather nervous about it anyway.
Suz

Thea @ It's Me Vs. Me said...

Sounds like you are having a great time!!

Melonie said...

Glad you had a good time. Sounds like that version of trick or treating was safe and fun to boot. Perfect! We hit the fall festival at the post chapel - I am not a Halloween person so it was a good compromise of doing something so Chatty wouldn't be shattered but "not" doing something as I really would have preferred. lol