From Denise Austin's Morning Stretch
If you reach for food when you've got nothing else to do, hold on! There are plenty of calorie-free ways to pass the time. Why not try one of these distractions instead?
* Call a friend and catch up.
* Clean your house, car, or desk.
* Relax with a pot of herbal tea.
* Take a bubble bath.
* Walk the dog, or just go for a walk if you don't have a dog.
* Kick back — or dance — to some tunes.
* Get creative — paint, draw, stitch, strum! Whatever you do, find an artistic pursuit you enjoy!
* Crack open that book you've been meaning to read.
* Go out in the garden and pull weeds, prune, or plant.
* Volunteer! Get involved in helping others.
* Write a letter or an email to a friend.
* Dream! Use downtime to make plans for your future.