This is a great article! 9 Cold, Hard Weight Loss Truths
I'll put the title facts down, but be sure to go read the whole thing!
1. You have to exercise more than you think.
2. A half-hour walk doesn’t equal a brownie.
3. You do have time to exercise. (Oh, this is my favorite! Gotta post the whole thing.)
If you have time to check email, watch a sitcom or two, surf the Internet, have drinks, coffee and dinner with friends, go clothes shopping, and on and on, then you have time to exercise. Yes, sometimes you have to sacrifice social, TV, or leisure time to fit it in. Yes, sometimes you have to prioritize your exercise time over other things. But your health and the feeling you get after working out is well worth it.
4. Eating more of something won’t help you lose weight.
5. Calories in = calories out?
6. Your body is working against you.
7. Our cultural environment is also working against you.
8. Maybe you don’t need to lose weight.
9. This is not a diet; this is your life. (This one is good, too.)
The diet industry would have us all think that we can lose weight fast, and that’s that. But most people who maintain their weight understand that eating and exercising are not temporary conditions, to be dumped once a pair of jeans fit. Instead, they are lifestyle choices, and ones to be made for the long haul.