Wednesday, October 7, 2009

I'm so wired

Literally. Got my cardiac monitor today and it's activated and monitoring everything I do. Creepy! I get to take it off to bathe or shower. And I get to change the electrodes every two days. hooray. It's already irritating me and I have 13 days to go. Sigh.

Oh, I keep meaning to post about this. Some people have received POM Wow samples and said it's good stuff. But when I see it at the store, I'm thinking "Do I want to spend over $4 for 16 ounces of POM Wow or less than $4 for 64 ounces for the 100% Pomegranate Juice? Is it really that much better????" So I got both to do a taste test. There is a slight taste difference, but not enough to make me spend 25 cents per ounce versus SIX cents per ounce. That's just the frugal side of me coming out. ;-D I do LOVE pomegranate juice.

Here are some words of wisdom from DENISE AUSTIN: (Some readers seem to think these are my words, but they are not. I get emails from Denise every day and am just passing on her wisdom. ;-D Hence the quotation marks.)
"Eat Right!
Master the 6 Diet "Dos"
I can't wait for you to be the fit and fabulous person you want to be — and you will be! Now that you're creating a healthier you, you need to learn how to avoid common diet mistakes:

Eat So That You're Satisfied!
Believe it or not, if you want to lose weight, it's important to eat! Skipping meals can leave you feeling weak and hungry, which leads straight to overeating. Eat when you need to, but make sure you limit yourself to nutritious, strength-building foods!

Include a Variety of Foods!
You've heard of diets that focus on one food, or that exclude whole categories of food from your life. Go for balance instead! Sweets, pasta, and breads have a place in your eating plan. The key is moderation! Make healthy foods the foundation of your meals.

Quench Your Thirst!
Water helps you burn calories, boosts your metabolism, and fills you up. How's that for multitasking? Bottoms up!

Concentrate on Your Health!
Diet pills, crash dieting, and products that promise instant results are never a good idea. A slow, steady, balanced weight-loss plan like mine is the most effective and the safest. You'll feel great, and you'll protect your health too!

Teamwork Helps!
Staying motivated is key! Find an exercise buddy at your office, ask a friend or family member to help you stay on track, or take advantage of my amazing online community!

Get Moving!
If you're already eating healthy, exercise can tone muscle and give you lots of energy. Even just a few minutes a day can make a huge difference. Give it a try!"

8 comments:

Diana said...

Thanks for the pomagranite info :) I like it, but not enough for the price of the expensive stuff!

Good luck with the monitor! I hope they find out what's wrong and can fix it.

F. McButter Pants said...

She sounds just like you...lol.

Here's to speedy halter time. That would drive me crazy as well.

I have never tasted POM. No desire to.

feel better....hugs

Sophie said...

Pomegranite juice is so expensive in my experience, I agree not worth paying loads extra for not a lot different.
I bet that's annoying being all wired up.
Head on over to my blog to pick up your award!

Diane, Fit to the Finish said...

That is an expensive drink. I'm too frugal to buy it!

I hope the monitor will give you some answers. I had a friend who had to wear one, but it was only for a week. She hated it by the end!

Cole Walter Mellon said...

You're more patient than me. I think I'd have ripped the wires off in the parking lot of the docs.

Sunny Days said...

Thank you for the great encouragement....it was just what I needed!! thank you, thank you!!

Hang in there with the monitor....they can tell the Dr.s what is going on when you are not at the Dr.'s office. I had to wear one before....2 different times. You can do this....and it will be good results.

Rebeca said...

Wow... lucky you to have that great of a deal on pomegranate juice... lucky!

GL with the monitor... the 13 days will go by before you know it :)

.... said...

Mmmmmmm love Pom juice.
I just tried the Pom/Nectarine flavor & it is very, very good, too. I'm not a big juice person, but that is one I'd pick if in the mood for juice.

Hope the monitor time goes by quickly!