Today's weight - 192.8. Down 1.6 and considering my period started Sunday, I'm pretty happy about that! Been doing some kind of exercise every day. Sometimes it's just a non-intense walk, but keeping moving helps me a lot. I've had a cold this week, so not feeling great. And when I went to the chiropractor on Monday, three of my ribs were out of place, sitting higher than the rest of my ribs. Getting them put back into place was a rather interesting sensation! :-O Took measurements today, too and those haven't changed much but since I had all of December off exercise by doctor's orders, that's not surprising.
Go see our kitties at my family blog. They are sooooo CUUUUUTE!
Denise Austin's email for today:
Six Workout Wreckers
To get the most out of your workout — and avoid an injury — make sure to avoid these six common mistakes, say experts from the American Council on Exercise:
1. Jerking to lift weights: Make sure your lifts are slow and controlled. Use your muscle to hoist the weight, not momentum.
2. Leaning on the handrails of the stair climber, elliptical trainer, or treadmill: This makes the workout less challenging and can injure your wrists and back. Stand up tall and instead barely brush the handrails for balance.
3. Not getting enough rest: Working out when you're fatigued can lead to sloppy technique and an injury. Make sure to get your rest before working out.
4. Locking your knees: Always keep your knees slightly bent to prevent an injury.
5. Not warming up: Don't try to shave time off your workout by skipping the warm- up or you could end up on the bench.
6. Getting stuck in a rut: If you're just going through the motions during your workout, shake things up by trying something new! Change will challenge your mind and your body!