Friday, July 11, 2008

Iodine deficiency

I had promised to post some funny stuff in the insert for my iodine pills and kept forgetting. It talks a lot about studies done and the FIRST thing mentioned is that "Several studies have demonstrated a relationship between low iodine intake and fibrocystic disease of the breast both in women and laboratory animals." That's been a big problem for me. Then it talks about the amount needed.

"The RDA for iodine was based on the amount of iodine/iodide needed to prevent goiter, extreme stupidity and hypothyroidism." So if someone tells you that you might have an iodine deficiency, it is NOT a compliment! LOL At least I have an excuse, right? ;-) My new slam is "Dude, you are SO iodine deficient!"

3 comments:

Diana said...

Extreme stupidity, huh? I think I need to get mine checked then ;)

Slenderella said...

Crack me up. Perhaps most of us need to get it checked.

Irish Mom said...

OMG, so THATS whats wrong with me?!?!? So funny, could you see the scientists dicovering this, lol at what they must have said to each other!!