Thursday, April 24, 2008

Goal revision

OK, I don't think 155lbs is going to be my goal weight any longer. I talked to my older sister today and she said she was a size 10 when she was at 180lbs. She's 5'9", so a little shorter than me. So I've decided to just make a size my goal and not the number on the scale. The women in my family seem to have pretty heavy bones as they get older. I think I would be perfectly happy at a size 10 and if I weigh 170 and fit in size 10 jeans, I can live with that. And in the past when I was 155lbs, I had no muscle mass at all, so I guess weighing a little more makes sense.

Talked to my chiropractor about my rib pain, too. She said that the floating ribs that aren't attached to the sternum have cartilage around them that does not have good blood flow so if you pull something in that area, it can take a long time to heal. She recommended rubbing Sombra into the area. So I'll be doing that, too. We'll see what the doctor says tomorrow.

3 comments:

Heather said...

I thikn thats a great idea. I too dont think I will be happy at my goal weight and am more focused on how I fit in clothes and the size. so we will see. whatever you choose, Im sure it is just right for you.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great idea! ; )

Anonymous said...

I found having a too low goal weight can kill my motivation. I think about weighting 117, but I give myself a more realistic goal on my tracker. I also have large bones. I'm currently 5'2" wear a size 8 dress (comfortably) and about 137 pounds.