Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Tuesday weigh in

Well, I'm up a pound from last week. Sigh. Spent five hours in the ER yesterday. I've had a sore rib for quite some time. Thought it was a pulled muscle, but it got pretty bad over the weekend, so I called to try to get an app't with my doctor and they told me to go to the ER. Felt like an idiot going with something I'd had for weeks! It was pretty "interesting" and I wrote the details on my my family blog.

Anyway, looks like I might have to take some time off from lifting weights, dang it! Seems like every time I get into a good routine, something sabotages it. Has anyone tried the eating plan at FatLoss4Idiots.com? I read through their pages, but didn't want to pay the money until I'd heard from someone who has tried it and finds it worthwhile. But I feel like I need to shake up something in my routine. I've certainly been getting a lot of exercise between my treadmill 6 times a week, lifting weights 3 times a week and ballroom dancing. My eating habits haven't been perfect, but I haven't overeaten. I weigh the same as I did in January and that really ticks me off. I work HARD, dang it! So I'm definitely open to suggestions. Thanks!

11 comments:

Sarah said...

I need to exercise and you need to reevaluate your eating habits. I've maintained as well and I'm eating very well!! You are exercising and maintaining the weight so it makes sense!! Do something for two weeks and see if it makes a difference!! I started exercising last week. We'll see how it goes.

Diana Swallow said...

I know exactly what you're going through but I was stuck at 365 pounds, eating at or under my calories and exercising faithfully. I've finally broken my plateau after FOUR months!

I did a LOT of research and I came across the Fatloss4idiots in my research because everyone says its tied to calorie cycling. I did a big post on this topic and it might be of help to you.
http://blog.scalejunkie.com/2008/04/call-it-what-you-want-calorie-cycling.html
its worth a try, if its working for me it just might work for you.

In my example I showed calories going 500 above and 500 below, I was told by an "expert" that I shouldn't do the 500 calorie range for long, I'm better off going 200 above and 200 below my average. Of course this will make more sense to you once you read my post.

Hang in there, you can do this!!

Mom said...

Boy, I am right there with you. Must be this time of year, huh? It will come off better in the warmer weather once we can get out and moving.

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

Oooh, so sorry for the gain! It'll come back off, though.

If you're working out that much, I wonder if you're eating enough calories. When I stay in the 1200-1400 range, I don't lose. If I average 1500-1700, I do lose. Go figure. :)

Hang in there! I saw your before and now pics and you've got some AMAZING effort behind you!

Slenderella said...

Weight plateaus are frustrating. Are you losing inches instead? The best thing I can think of is to hang in there and see it through. Perhaps if you tried different foods or exercises? Sending you a hug to help ease the frustration...

Manuela said...

I'm glad that you stopped by my blog today and that you joined HYC. I have found it to be very uplifting!
Sorry about the pain--I do hope that you can take care of it.
I love your pictures (I would LOVE to ballroom dance). Did you say that you're 191? I would never have believed it. You look BEAUTIFUL!
Please stop by again (I'm also interested in the Ben Stein movie you mentioned on your other blog--I'll have to look into that).

Take care of yourself :)

Heather said...

ouch! that sounds so painful. dont worry abotu that pound, it will drop down again.

glad you joined the HYC! since the Looking Great in 08 ended, the HYC is another great way to stay accountable.

Ready Maid said...

Isn't it WONDERFUL to have all these experienced weight loss "experts" helping us figure out what to do when things don't seem to be working?

Another idea could be that you're actually losing fat, but building muscle faster. It's happened to me.

Grumpy Chair said...

I hope you won't be sidelined too long from the weight lifting exercises.

You are looking so trim and slim - great photos.

Irish Mom said...

Hope you feel better soon & recover quickly!! Sorry about the gain, hopefully once you feel better you'll be back on track!!

Anonymous said...

you'll get it! i went to the website and it looks pretty good- the things written make since and would work- i dont know about 11 pounds but you can definetly make a difference. keep going and your body will catch up with the work you have put forward.