Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Wednesday weigh in

Well, I'm not posting my weight today. I'm PMSing, bloated, constipated and pretty cranky about what my scale says. Cravings this week have been crazy.

HOWEVER, I'm focusing on the progress I have made. (See the two posts below!) I found an old pair of size 14 jeans, tried them on and they are really baggy. Found a size 12 dress and it fits PERFECTLY, and it's pretty fitted, even at the hips. I don't quite understand how I can weigh 190+ and still fit in these smaller clothes. Are my bones getting heavier? The women in my family do tend toward that. I do still want to lose more and work on my belly and my thighs. And toning in the arms. Want to look just smashing for my 30th reunion this summer. ;-)

New goal - get these leggings in a medium! Love it that they come in talls! I get a lot of my clothes from metrostyle and the last size 14 jeans I ordered were too baggy in the hips.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh how exciting a size 12 is my goal size for my body type(5 foot 9 inches and big boned)!!! wow 30 year reunion that should be fun! i cant wait for my 10 year- wont it feel amazing going back looking amazing (and shoving it in their faces the weight youve lost!! haha). dont forget though about your sizes and weight in comparison- muscle weighs more so you will probably always weigh more than the pant size would suggest! so start saying 'im a size 12!!' not 'i weigh 190' good luck have stay strong through this rough week!-amanda

Journo June aka MamaBear said...

so start saying 'im a size 12!!' not 'i weigh 190' ----------

You are SO RIGHT, Amanda! I really needed to hear that. Thanks! :-D

Slenderella said...

You're so tall, I can totally see that you are able to wear size 12. That's awesome! Taking your measurements I bet keeps things in focus, and not just rely on the scale. Thanks for that tip, I need to take some measurements.

Have a great week.

Tiffany said...

Congrats on getting in the size 12 dress! Keep it up!!

Heather said...

I bet you are just losing a lot of inches and that is why you can fit without necessarily losing the pounds. I think that is even more awesome and you are doing so great.

Shannon @ Gabi's World said...

Congrats on fitting into the old jeans!

Lisa Kay said...

Size 12 - what a great accomplishment! I agree - the number on the scale is not the most important thing. I'm sure your fitness level has improved, your inches have gone down, you're all around in better shape. The number may not be where you want it right now, but you are doing great!

Lisa Kay

Anonymous said...

Your doing great! I skipped my 10 yr, just this year. Maybe I'll look smashing for my 15? LOL- Keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

WTG on the size 12 fitting!! ;)