Still up, but down from last week, so that's a good thing. I'm hoping someone else will be able to do a website like Tales from the Scales. I wish I could, but with my husband's hip replacement surgery coming up, I know there will be times when I just couldn't do it.
I cracked my forehead really good last night on a doorway and got quite a big bump out of it. It's still swollen this morning, from my hairline down to the eyebrow. And of course, I've got a good headache as well. I didn't black out, get nauseous or anything like that, just iced it for quite a while. Just total clumsiness. :-P
Email from Denise Austin today:
Pep Talk Yourself!
What's the voice inside your head saying about your efforts to lose weight and get fit? Are the messages positive and encouraging, or just the opposite?
Make a conscious effort today to take note of your inner chatter so you can see if it's helping you. If not, you can learn to look on the sunny side — it just takes some practice, say experts from the Mayo Clinic. The secret? Take note of the negative messages and replace them with a positive spin! Here are some examples:
* Instead of "I can't stick to a diet," think "I know I can do this!"
* Instead of "This won't work," think "I can make this work!"
* Instead of "It's a waste of time," think "It will be worth the extra effort!"
* Instead of "It's not going to make a difference," think "I'll never know unless I try!"
* Instead of "It hasn't worked before," think "I'll try again!"
* Instead of "I've already tried," think "I can learn from my mistakes!"
* Instead of "I don't like that (food, exercise, etc.)," think "I'm excited to try some new things!"