Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Wednesday weigh-in

Still up, but down from last week, so that's a good thing. I'm hoping someone else will be able to do a website like Tales from the Scales. I wish I could, but with my husband's hip replacement surgery coming up, I know there will be times when I just couldn't do it.

I cracked my forehead really good last night on a doorway and got quite a big bump out of it. It's still swollen this morning, from my hairline down to the eyebrow. And of course, I've got a good headache as well. I didn't black out, get nauseous or anything like that, just iced it for quite a while. Just total clumsiness. :-P

Email from Denise Austin today:

Pep Talk Yourself!
What's the voice inside your head saying about your efforts to lose weight and get fit? Are the messages positive and encouraging, or just the opposite?

Make a conscious effort today to take note of your inner chatter so you can see if it's helping you. If not, you can learn to look on the sunny side — it just takes some practice, say experts from the Mayo Clinic. The secret? Take note of the negative messages and replace them with a positive spin! Here are some examples:

* Instead of "I can't stick to a diet," think "I know I can do this!"
* Instead of "This won't work," think "I can make this work!"
* Instead of "It's a waste of time," think "It will be worth the extra effort!"
* Instead of "It's not going to make a difference," think "I'll never know unless I try!"
* Instead of "It hasn't worked before," think "I'll try again!"
* Instead of "I've already tried," think "I can learn from my mistakes!"
* Instead of "I don't like that (food, exercise, etc.)," think "I'm excited to try some new things!"

6 comments:

Slenderella said...

Great news that you're down from last week, keep going.

Ouch on the head. My daughter took a nose dive into some concrete and has a goose egg to wear as a badge of honor.

Have a great week. Let's both keep focused on what's best for healthy bodies.

Tiffany said...

congrats on being down from last week. If I knew how to do that mr linky thing I would carry on Tales from the Scales but I haven't been able to figure that one out yet.

Good luck on your journey!! And I"ll add you to my blog roll too.

Mom's on a Diet said...

Good news on going down from last week - that is excellent!

Ouchy about the head - I fell last week and really messed up my knee and wrist so I can relate to your pain. Ice is a miracle :)

Heather said...

glad you are down for the week! the pep talk is great!

Anonymous said...

I WOULD LOVE TO BE BLOG BUDDIES!!! im so sorry you got hurt- im a huge cluks and fall and get hurt all the time. im so happy for you that you are still going down- keep it up.

Human Microbiome Search Engine said...

I really liked this bit of advice:

Instead of "It's not going to make a difference," think "I'll never know unless I try!"

I've always lived my life that way. I'll try almost anything once (and sometimes twice, when I'm a slow learner). I've failed at lots of things, and succeeded at some, but at least I don't have any regrets about not having tried. Thanks for sharing!