I'm bumping this up because I added an after photo of my sister.
Here are some before photos.
Photo on left is June 2005. The pic with my husband greatly disturbed him, so I put up this one of my sister (left) mom (middle) and me (right.) And no, we did not coordinate the wardrobes and matching colors. :-D
Photo on right is Sept 2007
My sister insisted I post an after photo of her, too, since she is ALSO an Incredible Shrinking Woman!
Still hanging around at 191 on the weight, but after taking the photos below last night, I'm not going to obsess over the scale number. I'm continuing to work out and I know I'm so much healthier than when I started at 230+.
The Tales from the Scales challenge website is closing down, so I'm joining a new challenge - the Healthy You Challenge.
Thanks again to Heidi Roizen for the shirt!
Lyrics from the song:
Lifting weights, squats and crunches, I’ve made myself quite buff
Stronger than a locomotive, now I’m powerful and tough
The Incredible Shrinking Woman, that's what my friends call me
Each day a little smaller, it's a miracle to see
Go to Heidi's website to read the lyrics of all the songs.
Here are some tips for Staying on Track from Denise Austin
Staying on Track
If you want to shape up and eat right but are having a hard time making it happen, you're not alone! Here are some tips other Fit Forever! members say help them stay on track when temptation strikes.
* Planning! Lack of planning can be a real stumbling block when it comes to eating right. So set yourself up for success by picking your meals in advance and shopping once a week. This way you'll have all the ingredients on hand and ready to go!
* If you're busy (and who isn't?), make eating right easier by taking advantage of shortcuts, such as packaged fruits and vegetables that are washed, peeled, and ready to eat!
* Keep a few low-calorie frozen meals at home and at work for those days when you're in a time crunch. If you do, you'll always have a healthy option that can be ready in five minutes flat!
* Check out a restaurant's menu and nutrition information on its Web site and decide on a healthy dish before you go. When you get there, stick to it!
* If you're not used to working out, take it slow and steady at first. Remind yourself that it takes 21 days to start a new habit, so don't give up before then!