Friday, May 2, 2008

The Incredible Shrinking Woman

I'm bumping this up because I added an after photo of my sister.

Here are some before photos.
Photo on left is June 2005. The pic with my husband greatly disturbed him, so I put up this one of my sister (left) mom (middle) and me (right.) And no, we did not coordinate the wardrobes and matching colors. :-D

Photo on right is Sept 2007





My sister insisted I post an after photo of her, too, since she is ALSO an Incredible Shrinking Woman!


Still hanging around at 191 on the weight, but after taking the photos below last night, I'm not going to obsess over the scale number. I'm continuing to work out and I know I'm so much healthier than when I started at 230+.

The Tales from the Scales challenge website is closing down, so I'm joining a new challenge - the Healthy You Challenge.

Thanks again to Heidi Roizen for the shirt!


Lyrics from the song:
Lifting weights, squats and crunches, I’ve made myself quite buff
Stronger than a locomotive, now I’m powerful and tough
The Incredible Shrinking Woman, that's what my friends call me
Each day a little smaller, it's a miracle to see

Go to Heidi's website to read the lyrics of all the songs.

Here are some tips for Staying on Track from Denise Austin
Staying on Track

If you want to shape up and eat right but are having a hard time making it happen, you're not alone! Here are some tips other Fit Forever! members say help them stay on track when temptation strikes.

* Planning! Lack of planning can be a real stumbling block when it comes to eating right. So set yourself up for success by picking your meals in advance and shopping once a week. This way you'll have all the ingredients on hand and ready to go!
* If you're busy (and who isn't?), make eating right easier by taking advantage of shortcuts, such as packaged fruits and vegetables that are washed, peeled, and ready to eat!
* Keep a few low-calorie frozen meals at home and at work for those days when you're in a time crunch. If you do, you'll always have a healthy option that can be ready in five minutes flat!
* Check out a restaurant's menu and nutrition information on its Web site and decide on a healthy dish before you go. When you get there, stick to it!
* If you're not used to working out, take it slow and steady at first. Remind yourself that it takes 21 days to start a new habit, so don't give up before then!

17 comments:

Human Microbiome Search Engine said...

I like your shirts, but I was wondering: where did you get them made? I've tried cafepress.com for shirts and other things, with mixed results.

Mom said...

You look great! We can be twins now!

Mom's on a Diet said...

Wow! Great job!!!

Isn't it funny how seeing a picture can help us put things in perspective? And btw, cute top :)

Anonymous said...

Cute shirt!!

Heather said...

you look so great!! and you are doing so wonderful. dont you worry about tha scale.

Sarah said...

WOW!! You look great!! I'm so proud of you and excited to be on this journey towards a healthy life with you!!

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the Healthy You Challenge! Congrats on the weight you have lost! Way to go!

Slenderella said...

Love the picture, you look great - healthy and fit! What a fun shirt.

The tips are good - I especially need to remember to plan ahead. When I don't, the day usually goes awful.

Have a great week.

Anonymous said...

you look amazing! you are so skinny!!!! keep it up!

Diana Swallow said...

WOW great job! The shirt is SO YOU!!

Anonymous said...

WOW, way to go! ;) You look great!

Irish Mom said...

Wow great job!! Awesome pics!!

Anonymous said...

You look great. Welcome to HYC.

tas said...

Great shirt! I was amazed to get back from Bolivia and find Tales closed. How sad! I completely understand. Glad you see you on HYC.

Nancy Jensen said...

WOW! You are looking GOOD!!! I didn't know that the tales from the scales site was going down... I guess I would have if I had been keeping track of diet/exercise better, huh?

You are such an inspiration to me! Thanks for keeping me going.

((hugs))

Grumpy Chair said...

You and your sister are looking so trim and slim.

I agree, you look great and if you feel as good as you look, I wouldn't obsess about your weight.

Have a great weekend.

Tiffany said...

I am sorry but there is no way you weigh 190!! You look more like 145 or so...are you sure your scale is working?? You look so much thinner than 190.