Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Prevention - June 2007

OK, I was going to post about the 40 fat-fighting meals article in this mag, but there's just SO MUCH information that I'll just recommend buying this issue of Prevention. I really do like this magazine. It has wonderful tips throughout its pages. The 40 meals article has 30 meals and 10 snacks that "deliver a healthy 1800 calories a day." They include fiber and protein, which really help you fill up. There's also a great pull-out for an exercise program.

OK, one other magazine recommendation. The June 5 issue of Woman's World also has an article about getting rid of belly fat. Foods and workouts. And it's only $1.49.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Mama Bear. I am glad you stopped by my blog. I have enjoyed looking at yours. I am trying to get my metabolism up by moving more often. Yesterday throughout the day I just jumped on the elliptical and did it for 5 minutes. That was in addition to my regular walk. It was not a big deal so I may try to incorporate that in on the days I am home all day long. Five minutes is doable.

Keep up the good work.

Mom said...

I got that Prevention, and you're right, it is very good. There is also a Prevention Woman's Health magazine out, a larger version of the magazine and it has a lot in it about getting rid of stomach fat without crunches, using mainly yoga. I love it! By the way, I got to be your first RSS subscriber!!

Jen said...

Thanks for the encouragement!!! Soda was a HARD thing to give up. I LOVE Coca-Cola but I know it's terrible for me. Your posts are very informative and enjoyable- I'll be looking for this issue of Prevention. Also, great job on your almost 1/2 pound gone! Even on a week you thought wouldn't be so great- you're doing all the right things so keep it up.