Monday, February 9, 2009

Day 1 - Anti-Bloat Jumpstart

OK, it's D-Day! I've put on 10 pounds and 13 inches since I last measured in May 08. Today I'm starting fresh with the Flat Belly Diet (buy it at Walmart for just $18 or join the online group for $15 per month.) It starts with a Four-Day Anti-Bloat Jumpstart.

MENU (Before each meal you are supposed to do mind tricks. To find out what those are, ya gotta read the book!) ;-)
Meal 1
1 c unsweetened cornflakes (I couldn't find any so I'm going with Rice Krispies from Day 2 menu), 1 c skim milk, 1/2 c unsw applesauce, 1/4 c unsalted sunflower seeds, Glass of Sassy Water To make Sassy water, put 2 liters water in pitcher, add 1 peeled, thinly sliced cucumber, 1 thinly sliced lemon, 1 tsp freshly grated ginger root, 12 mint leaves and chill in fridge overnight. This is AWESOME STUFF! Sooooo refreshing and tasty. I'm in LOVE! LOL

Did a 30 minute walk on the treadmill and my weight-lifting routine (2 sets of 15 reps.)

Meal 2
4 oz organic deli turkey, rolled up, 1 low-fat string cheese, 1 pt fresh grape tomatoes, Glass of Sassy water

Meal 3
Blueberry smoothie - 1 c skim milk, 1 c frozen blueberries in blender for 1 minute. Transfer to glass and add 1 Tbsp cold-pressed organic flaxseed oil, or serve with 1 Tbsp sunflower or pumpkin seeds

Meal 4
1 c cooked green beans, 4 oz grilled tilapia (I don't do fish so I'm going to sub grilled chicken), 1/2 c roasted red potatoes drizzled with 1 tsp olive oil, Glass of Sassy water.

Here are some of the guidelines:

The 4 Bad Boys of Bloat
Stress, Lack of Fluid, Lack of Sleep, Air Travel

What to Avoid during the 4 day jumpstart
Salt shaker and highly processed foods, Excess carbs, Bulky Raw Foods, Gassy Foods, Chewing Gum, Sugar Alcohols, Fried foods, Spicy foods, Carbonated drink, and (I know the last one will cause lots of groans!!!!) alcohol, coffee, tea, hot cocoa, acidic fruit juices.

I'll post what to DO later. Gotta go shower and run errands. :-D

6 comments:

Diana Swallow said...

I've actually been able to cut WAY back on my coffee drinking by taking a Super B Complex every morning. It gives me more energy than coffee ever did and bright yellow pee to!

Great plan June, it sounds like you're ready to get down to business. I know you can do this!

Ashley said...

Hi there. Just noticed your name when I signed in for HYC. Just wanted to drop by and say that the plan sounds great. I'm thinking of picking up a copy of that book too!

Good luck on your weight loss journey!

Anonymous said...

I wаs recommended this wеb site by my cousin.
I'm not sure whether this post is written by him as nobody else know such detailed about my problem. You're incredіblе!
Thanks!

Herе is my blog ... Http://reviewcentral.co.uk

Anonymous said...

Having гead this I beliеved іt was rather infοrmatiѵe.
I apρreciаte уou finding the time and effoгt to ρut this short аrtiсlе
togethеr. Ι once again find myself personally spending wаy
tοо much time both readіng and leaving commеntѕ.
But so what, it wаs ѕtill woгthwhile!


Нere is mу web blog: silk'n

Anonymous said...

Hаving rеad this ӏ believed іt was
rather informаtive. I appreciate уou finԁing the timе and еffoгt
tο put this ѕhoгt аrtісlе
tοgеther. I once again find myself рerѕonallу ѕpеnding way
toο much time bоth reaԁіng and leaving commеnts.
But ѕo what, іt wаs ѕtіll ωorthwhilе!


my ωеb pаge :: silk'n
Also see my website :: Buy Silk'n Sensepil

Anonymous said...

It's appropriate time to make some plans for the longer term and it is time to be happy. I've reaԁ
thіs put up and if ӏ could I desirе to suggest you fеw attеntіon-grаbbing
things or tips. Maybe yοu could wrіte subѕequent artіclеs rеgаrding
this artісle. I want tо read even mοrе thіngѕ aрprοximаtely
it!

Take a look at mу pаge :: http://www.sfgate.com/business/prweb/article/V2-Cigs-Review-Authentic-Smoking-Experience-or-4075176.php