Thursday, August 27, 2009

Cardiology

Saw the cardiologist today. It was basically just a get acquainted appointment and him gathering info. I'm having an echo done on Monday as a first step and he's going to try to get the details of my holter monitor results. The only thing they gave me was an overview and he said the devil is usually in the details.

He thinks it MIGHT be the iodine I've been taking and expressed some concerns about the over the counter supplements I've been taking and said that since they aren't tested, no one really knows everything they do to our bodies. I told him I'm willing to do some trials going off them one at a time to see if that makes a difference. He also said that I may just need to take a beta blocker and that if it's a switch in my heart malfunctioning, no diet or exercise steps will do anything to affect it (after I told him I didn't necessarily want to jump straight to medication.)

8 comments:

Annalisa@Gracie'sGarden said...

Well good luck. Hope it's nothing too serious.

Diane, Fit to the Finish said...

I'll be thinking of you. That has got to be scary.

Take care.

Miz said...

Sending prayers for answers and thoughts of calm your way.

Carla

Sweety On A Diet said...

Hope it turns out to be nothing serious

Diana said...

Sending as many good vibes!

Mary :: A Merry Life said...

Good luck, hope its nothing serious!

Anonymous said...

So what are you taking that could be causing these problems?!

Sarah said...

Has your chiro checked you since she put you on the megadose of iodine? Mine checks me each time to see if there should be any changes to the supplements I'm taking. I really like the way I feel when I'm on the ones I'm taking right now and I don't want to change it but after hearing about what you are facing, I think I'll let her check me again for these.