Saturday, August 22, 2009

Sooooo excited!

Our 22nd anniversary is coming up (Sept 1) and we decided to book a weekend at the Broadmoor in Colorado Springs the following weekend. It's quite a fancy place and we've never stayed there. We also booked a couple's massage for Saturday afternoon. I can't wait! They have several types of fitness classes and if there's an aqua one on Saturday morning, I may do that, too.

Last night our ballroom dance instructor held a Latin dance from 8-11 and we danced quite a bit. It was so much fun. I even danced once with Vladimir, another instructor who has danced professionally. I was terrified but it was fun! :-)

This morning I have another migraine threatening. I'm thinking it may be a cold coming on. My sinuses are hurting. So I'm drinking the Emergen-C and taking it easy. I really wanted to go to the Farmer's Market this morning, but couldn't stand the idea of being out in the sun. :-P

6 comments:

Annalisa@Gracie'sGarden said...

Okay, I just had this conversation yesterday, but I'll do it again. About 6 years ago I had never gone to a chiropracter in my life. However, my son's doctor wanted to put tubes in his 18month old ears because he had had something like 10 ear infections. (This also applies to sinus problems.) I decided to check alternatives. I told my babysitter/good friend Alisha, and she said take him to a chiropracter. I basically told her she was full of it, did not believe her at all. She made the appointment and literally drove me there and went with me in the room and everything. She told him to pop my ears so I would know what it was like before they did it to my little son. It is amazing! It is a weird little 'pop' in each ear and your whole sinus cavity is cleared during the next 6 hrs or so. It's weird, but it worked! He never had another ear infection to this day. Not sure if migrane is sinus related, but it's worth a try.

I am so taking dancing lessons with my Johnny! You make it sound so romantic, and probably cardio aerobic too :) Have fun in Colorado Springs!

One more thing... have you ever been to Glenwood Springs? If you do, there's the best resturaunt in the world (I have many aussie friends who'll testify to that) called "Juicy Lucy's" that is to die for. I've never had an eye fillet melt in my mouth like there. It's truly to die for. So amazing! And Glenwood Springs is amazing too. Love that place!

Diana said...

Just a little jealous about the couple's massage! Enjoy the weekend and happy anniv!

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary! Sounds like and awesome weekend planned...

Hanlie said...

That sounds like an awesome treat! How exciting!

Shelley said...

What a fun anniversary weekend you have planned - the couples' massages sound wonderful!!!

VRaz60 said...

I love the Broadmoor!! You will have a wonderful time. It is a gorgeous place to take a time out for relaxation. Enjoy!!!