Monday, August 3, 2009

A very sad time

On a sad note, we in the weight loss blog world tend to become a rather tightly knit community with a few blogs that are our favorites. Jen at PriorFatGirl is one of the very best. Such a sweet young gal with a wonderful attitude and amazing inspiration as she walks this walk of a healthy life. One of her biggest fans has always been her mom, who was MY age. Over the weekend, Jen's mom was killed in an accident and those of us who have come to know her through Jen's blog are also heartbroken for Jen and her family. We grieve with her and pray that the Lord will comfort them all during this time. Jen's mom reminded me of my own. She had a warm, loving spirit and was her daughter's biggest cheerleader and I always felt that from my mom, too. And losing her in April was so difficult, even though I know I will see her again. There is nothing else like the mother-daughter relationship and there's a void in your heart when you can't call Mom with the joys and sorrows of life.

Our family had five months to prepare, cherish our limited time and say good-bye. Jen's family has to deal with a sudden and unexpected loss and I believe that is immeasurably harder. It's a reminder that none of has a guarantee of tomorrow. We should always live with no regrets, appreciating each and every day as a gift of God. God has given our family that perspective ever since my son was found to have a life-shortening, incurable illness. We've come close to losing him a few times. Only God knows the number of days He has ordained for us. It sometimes seems so unfair when loved ones have many fewer days than we'd like! May we have the confidence that we will see our loved ones again when we belong to God. He is faithful to His children.

5 comments:

Hanlie said...

I have also been very distraught over this accident. Every moment we have on this earth is a precious gift and we should truly treasure it and make the most of it.

Anonymous said...

What a sad story!! You did a remarkable job of putting your feelings into words -- I have never been able to do that....

I will lift your dear friend (and her family) up in prayer!

God Bless,
Lynda

Christine Jeske said...

What a beautiful post and tribute to those mentioned. <3

Ro said...

Oh my....I am just now getting this. So very sad to hear. My condolences go out...wow...

Jen, a priorfatgirl said...

I just wanted to stop by and personally thank you for this post and for all the support you have given me this past week. I really do apprecaite more then I can explain the support you have given me. I am honored to really call you my friend :)