Thursday, May 14, 2009

Back in gear

Took the day off yesterday to let my muscles rest from hoisting boxes and multiple stair trips. A little bump up on the scale today, but I'm not going to fret about it. I was going to go do the treadmill but my kitty jumped up on my lap and is purring away. Can't resist those blue eyes!

From Denise Austin:
Feel Great!
Set a Nightly Teatime

There's nothing like a hot cup of tea to make you feel all warm and relaxed before turning in after a busy day. Not only is tea delicious, but routinely making a mug at night might help you unwind and sleep better — especially because some caffeine-free herbal teas, such as chamomile and peppermint, are said to help relieve insomnia. Here's a list of teas that might help you catch some extra z's!

* Chamomile: Besides being able to soothe the occasional upset stomach or bout of nausea, chamomile is also a calming sleep aid with no known side effects.
* Peppermint: Although it's associated more with relieving indigestion, peppermint tea is a relaxing before-bed treat.
* Jasmine: Known for its ability to help relieve headache pain, this soothing herbal supplement makes a fragrant and flavorful tea that's effective in promoting sleep in adults; it's considered mild enough to treat children's sleep disorders too.
* Sage: Said to be an effective sleep aid, sage may also help alleviate depression and certain nervous conditions that might keep you from getting a good night's sleep.

With so many types of teas, and flavors, to choose from, you'll really be able to make this a personal part of your nighttime ritual. Feeling relaxed and calm in the evenings — I'll drink to that!

3 comments:

Hanlie said...

That kitty is gorgeous!

You've given me an idea... I hardly ever drink hot drinks. I just don't think about it, so I don't miss it. But I'm making myself a cup of tea now because of your post. Will be going to bed within the hour... My chosen tea? Chamomile & Rooibos.

Unknown said...

LOL, your kitty is very beautiful. My cats do the same thing. It's hard to resist those blue blue eyes.

Carolyn said...

A tea that I really like is the Green Tea with Pomegranate. Very good!