Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Weigh in for Sizzlin' challenge - 179

179 current weight, down 2 from last week, 8 for the whole challenge.

Recipe for a BBQ Challenge

I just LOVE Greek food. Lived in Greece on the island of Crete for 18mos when I was in the Air Force. All the research says that the Greek diet is VERY healthy. So if you are going to a BBQ, take some Greek fare!

Greek Chopped Salad
4 c romaine lettuce, chopped into small pieces
2 c cubed cucumbers
1 15-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
1/4 c finely chopped red onion
18 pitted kalamata olives, sliced
1/4 c roasted red peppers, chopped
2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
2 Tbsp drained capers
Combine above ingredients and sprinkle with
3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
2 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp dried oregano, crushed
Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Serve immediately.

Per serving: 210 calories, 8 g protein, 17 g carbohydrates, 12 g total fat, 17 mg cholesterol, 4 g dietary fiber, 759 mg sodium

Extra workout challenge - on Monday I did two 30 minute cardio sessions. Yesterday, I worked my butt off all day and made several trips up stairs moving my daughter out and moving her stuff into her apartment. Thankfully, she's staying close by for a while. :-D Still have some work to do around the house here, gathering things she needs, so I'll be checking in with everyone later on! Hope everyone had an awesome week!

7 comments:

Kelly the Happy Texan said...

Yeah on the weight loss!!! Proud of you!
I am so jealous that you lived in Greece. I would love to be able to visit. We have a great Greek restaurant that I want to visit for my birthday. Haven't been in a while. I'm not sure but I don't think it is WW friendly. LOL

Anonymous said...

What is your ultimate abs workout. Your pictures look great if I can look like that with an abs workout I want to know about it. I have to get my belly flat.

Christine

Unknown said...

Congrats on the loss! That salad sounds delicious, I will definitely have to try this.

Kyle and Darci said...

WooHoo!!! Congrats on the loss!!

Angie in T.O. said...

I can't wait to get outta the 180's, but I gotta get out of the 190's first! ;)
Your doing great! :)

Teena in Toronto said...

I love Greek potatoes and chicken. Yum!

Anonymous said...

Sounds good! I was in the Air Force also but the farthest I got to go was Alaska lol.