Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Sizzling Hot for Summer Challenge


Total loss for the challenge is 8 pounds. When I started, my digital scale said 188.6, but I couldn't get a photo of it, so I used my son's scale. It said 187. This morning, my digital scale said 179.6, so I thought "Woohoo! That should make it loss of 9lbs and the other scale should say 178. No dice. It also said 179. What the.......?
I'm thrilled that I've lost 8 pounds, though I personally will count it as 9. But for the challenge, the photo evidence is EIGHT. I figured out that if I hit save on the digital scale, I had time to get off, pick up the camera and get a photo of it. Grrrrr. Wish I'd have figured that out at the beginning! The body fat percentage said 37% with my first weigh in and I was pretty happy with that since it's the lowest it's been. Plus I've lost 3 inches over the challenge, so I consider it a success, though I know there are a couple of challengers who lost quite a bit more. Kudos to you gals! Not sure I'll have time to check in with everyone today. I have a chocolate party tonight and need to get ready. And another point, I made chocolate last night and did some sampling. I was a little surprised to be at an all time low this morning!!!! First time on the digital scale below 180.

My updated photo (I'm going to need to take these capris in, the hips are rather baggy. WOOT!)

16 comments:

Trisaratops said...

Woo hoo! You look great!

Ro said...

WAT TO GO!!!!!!!!!
and I am going with 9 lbs..those durn scales.

Anonymous said...

You have an AMAZING figure and I am so proud of you. Thank you for encouraging me throughout this challenge :)

Hanlie said...

You're looking fabulous! Wow!

SL said...

GREAT picture. You look mah-va-lous!! And are doing mahvalous with your plan!

Cole Walter Mellon said...

Fantastic!

Unknown said...

Way to go! 8 lbs or 9 lbs, you did awesome! Keep up the great work and motivation and you too will meet your goals for yourself.

Patty said...

Yeah, I'm not beleiving the 37% body fat...not according to that picture. Well, unless you have a fat head from looking so fit! ;-)

Teena in Toronto said...

Congrats!

VRaz60 said...

Lookin' great!! But a chocolate party? What is that???? :)

You're doing great!!

Carolyn said...

You go, GIRL!!! I'm impressed!

Unknown said...

LOL...thanks for the comments on my page. As crazy as it sounds, I LOVE doing push-ups. It's great for the chest, shoulders, and arms. I also tend to love doing the Triceps Kick-backs also and that is great for the back of the arms... Keep up the great job and you too will get where you want to be with your journey.

sybil said...

Wow. You look amazing! You are an inspiration.

Thanks for visiting my blog.

cheers-

Heather said...

that is fantastic! I think you look great!

Christine Jeske said...

You did a great job and I wanted to thank you for your encouraging comment on my end of challenge post. I was feeling low and your comment is the one that picked me up off the floor. <3

Herbalife Las Vegas said...

Great job with the weight loss!! I have the same scale, with body fat percentage, but I think its off all the time. From Walt Mart right?